1. Biochemical and Functional Analyses of the Human Toll-like Receptor 3 Ectodomain. C.T. Ranjith-Kumar, W Miller, J Xiong, W K. Russell, R Lamb, J Santos, K E. Duffy, L Cleveland, M Park, K Bhardwaj, Z Wu, D H. Russell, R T. Sarisky, M Lamine Mbow, and C. Cheng Kao. J. Bio. Chem., 282 7668-7678 (2007). Imgenex antibodies cited: 1. TLR3 (IMG-315A) [WB, Fig1A, Fig3B, Fig4D, Fig5D, Fig7B (human TRL3 transfected cells)] 2. TLR3 (IMG-315C) [IF, Fig3C, Fig4E, Fig5E, Fig7C, Fig9D (human TLR3 transfected cells)].
2. Intracellular Signaling Mechanisms Regulating Toll-Like Receptor-Mediated Activation of Eosinophils. Wong CK, PFY Cheung, WK IP and CWK Lam. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol.doi:10.1165/rcmb.2006-0457OC (2007), in press. Imgenex antibodies cited (human blood eosinophils and neutrophils from buffy coat): For WB, Fig. 1A: TLR1 (IMG-5012), TLR5 (IMG-664), TLR6 (IMG-304A), TLR7 (IMG-540), TLR8 (IMG-321A), TLR9 (IMG-305A). For Flow (Intracellular) and Flow (Surface), Fig. 1B: TLR1 (IMG-5021), TLR2 (IMG-416C), TLR3 (IMG-315C), TLR4 (IMG-417C), TLR5 (IMG-663C), TLR6 (IMG-304C), TLR7 (IMG-665A), TLR8 (IMG-321C), TLR9 (IMG-305C).
3. Toll-like receptors in cellular subsets of human tonsil T cells: altered expression during recurrent tonsillitis. Mansson A, M Adner and LO Cardell. Respiratory Resesarch doi:10.1186/1465-9921-7-36. (2006). Imgenex antibodies cited (human tonsils separated into cell subtypes): 1. TLR3 [IMG-315D (Flow-Intracellular), Figs 5 and 6]. 2. TLR5 [IMG-663A (Flow-Intracellular), Fig 6]. 3. TLR9 [IMG-305C (Flow-Intracellular), Fig 4.].
4. High-avidity antitumor T-cell generation by toll receptor 8-primed, myeloid-derived dendritic cells is mediated by IL-12 production. Xu S., U. Koldovsky, M. Xu, D. Wang, E. Fitzpatrick, G. Son, G. Koski, and B. J. Czerniecki., Surgery, 140:170-178 (2006). Imgenex antibodies cited: 1. TLR2 (IMG-416) 2. TLR3 (IMG-315) 3. TLR4 (IMG-417) 4. TLR8 (IMG-321) [Flow (cell surface and intracellular), Fig.1A and 1B (human monocytes)].
5. Inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis by TLR agonists in whole blood: involvement of the phosphoinositide 3-Kinase/Akt and NF-kB signaling pathways, leading to increased levels of Mcl-1, A1, and phosphorylated bad. François S, J El Benna, M Pham . C Dang, E Pedruzzi, M Gougerot-Pocidalo, C Elbim. J. Immunol 174: 3633-3642 (2005). Imgenex antibodies cited [WB (human polymorphonuclear neutrophils (PMN)), Fig. 5]:
1. TLR2 (IMG-319)
2. TLR3 (IMG-315A)
3. TLR5 (IMG-664)
6. STAT3 and STAT5-dependent pathways competittively regulate the pan-differentiation of DC34pos cells into tumor-competent dendritic cells. Cohen P, Koski G, Czerniecki B, Bunting K, Fu X, Wang Z, Zhang W, Carter C, Awad M, Distel C, Nagem H, Paustian C, Johnson T, Tisdale J, Shu S. Immunobiology 112: 1832-1843 (2008). Imgenex antibodies citied [Flow (intracellular), mouse bone marrow cells, Fig. 1E]:
1. TLR3 FITC (IMG-315C)
2. TLR4 FITC (IMG-417C)
3. TLR7 (IMG-665A)
4. TLR8 FITC (IMG-321C)
5. TLR9 FITC (IMG-305C)
Antibodies specific for human or murine Toll-like receptors detect canine leukocytes by flow cytometry. Burgener IA and TW Jungi. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology 124:184-191 (2008). Imgenex products cited for canine (dog) PBMC subpopulations:
1. 10083K [IC-Flow (Intracellular Staining Flow Assay) Kit
2. IMG-416A (TLR2), Flow (Cell Surface), Fig 1 and Tables 1 & 2
3. IMG-315A (TLR3), Flow (Intracellular), Tables 1 & 2
4. IMG-417A (TLR4), Flow (Intracellular), Fig 1 and Tables 1 & 2
5. IMG-663A (TLR5), Flow (Cell Surface), Fig 1 and Tables 1 & 2
6. IMG-664A (TLR5), Flow (Cell Surface), Tables 1 & 2
7. IMG-305A (TLR9), Flow (Intracellular), Fig 2 and Tables 1 & 2
8. The cytoplasmic 'linker region' in Toll-like receptor 3 controls receptor localization and signaling. Funami K, M Matsumoto, H Oshiumi, T Akazawa, A Yamamoto, and T Seya. InternationalImmunology 16:1143-1154 (2004). Antibody format cited for WB: IMG-315A (HEK293 cells transfected with various TLR3 plasmid constructs), Fig 3A and 5C,D,F. Note: The IMG-315A antibody is transfected validated in this study. It is also shown to WB TLR3 that has been immunoprecipitated with another TLR3 antibody, Clone TLR3.7 generated in the investigator's laboratory.
Down modulation of human TLR3 function by a monoclonal antibody. Duffy KE, RJ Lamb, LR San Mateo, JL Jordan, G Canziani, M Brigham-Burke, J Korteweg, M Cunningham, HS Beck, J Carton, J Giles-Komar, C Duchala, RT Sarisky, ML Mbow. Cellular immunology 248:103-114 (2007).Antibody format cited for WB: IMG-315A (recombinant extracellular domain of human TLR3), Fig 1B. Note: IMG-315A recognized recombinant TLR3 (125 ng) when processed under both denaturing (Fig 1B left) and native (Fig 1B right) conditions.
10. Engagement of TLR2 reverses the suppressor function of conjunctiva CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells, and promotes herpes simplex virus epitope-specific CD4+CD25 effector T cell responses. Dasgupta G, A Chentoufi, S You, P Falatoonzadeh, L Urbano, A Akhtarmalik, K Nguyen, L Ablabutyan, A Nesburn, L BenMohamed. IOVS doi:10.1167/iovs.10-6522. (2011). IMGENEX products cited:Flow (intracellular), Fig 1A ( CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells purified from rabbit conjunctiva) & Fig 2A (CD11b+ cells isolated from rabbit conjunctiva): TLR2/CD282 PE (IMG-416D), TLR3/CD283 (IMG-315D), TLR4/CD284 (IMG-417D), TLR8/CD288 (IMG-321D), TLR9/CD289 (IMG-305D). FA, Fig 7 (CD4+CD25+ Treg cells): Pam3CSK4 [TLR1 and TLR2 ligand (IMG-2201)], Pam3CSK4 treated and untreated cells were analyzed by Flow (intracellular).
11. Mechanism of endosomal TLR inhibition by antimalarial drugs and imidazoquinolines. Kuznik A, M Bencina, U Svajger, M Jeras, B Rozman, R Jerala. J Immunol 186:4794-4804 (2011). IMGENEX product cited: TLR3/CD283 (IMG-315A). WB: HEK293 cells in the presence of quinacrine or choloroquine, Fig 2E.
12. Toll like receptor agonists induce inflammation and cell death in a model of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Immunology 128:e600-e611 (2009). IMGENEX products cited: TLR2/CD282 PE (IMG-416D), TLR3/CD283 (IMG-315A), TLR3/CD283 (IMG-315D), TLR5 PE (IMG-663D), TLR5 (IMG-663).
1. IHC(paraffin): Human head and neck squamous (HNSCC) cell carcinomas showing keratinized cell carcinoma from the larynx stained with TLR2 (IMG-416A) and TLR5 antibodies (IMG-663A), Fig 1A,1B, & 1C.
2. Flow (intracellular): TLR2 PE (IMG-416D), TLR3 PE (IMG-315D), and TLR5 PE (IMG-663D) antibodies were used in human bronchial epithelial (NL-20) and human pharyngeal squamous (Detroit-562) carcinoma cell line, Fig 2C.
The role of UNC93B1 protein in surface localization of TLR3 receptor and in cell priming to nucleic acid agonists. Pohar J, N Pirher, M Benčina, M Manček-Keber and R Jerala. J Biol Chem 288: 442-454 (2013). IMGENEX antibodies cited: TLR3 (IMG-315A) for WB:
Fig 1E: HUVEC cells, TLR3 was detected at ~130 kDa. IFN-Beta treatment upregulated TLR3 expression and induced TLR3 glycosylation (TLR3 form higher than 130 kDa).
Fig 4B, C (TLR3 transfected HEK293T). TLR3 was detected at ~130 kDa.
When UNC93B1 was over-expressed with TLR3, TLR3 glycosylation was increased and a TLR3 form higher than 130 kDa was observed. UNC93B1 expression also led to upregulation of TLR3 cell surface expression.
PNGase treatment resulted in a TLR3 form with a molecular weight less than 100 kDa.
Fig 5C, F (TLR3 transfected HEK293T).
Note: The specificity of the antibody was validated in TLR3 transfected HEK293T by WB (Figs 4B, 4C, 5C, 5F). 14. Characterization of the Toll-like receptor expression profile in human multiple myeloma cells. Abdi J, T Mutis, J Garssen, F Redegeld. PLoS ONE 8(4): e60671. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0060671 (2013). IMGENEX antibodies cited [multiple myeloma (MM) cell lines, human intestine tissue lysate, PBMC, mouse splenocytes] for WB (Figs 2, 3, 4A, 4B, 5, Table 1) and Flow (Intracellular): Figs 4C, 6-8, Table 1: 1. TLR1 (IMG-5012) 2. TLR2 (IMG-416A)3. TLR3 (IMG-315A)4 TLR4 (IMG-5031A)5. TLR5 (IMG-663A)6. TLR7 (IMG-581A)7. TLR8 (IMG-321A) 8. TLR9 (IMG-305E)Notes:
1. TLRs 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9 were detected by WB in all ten MM cell lines tested. Variable expression of these TLRs was seen in human intestine tissue lysate, PBC, and mouse splenocytes. TLRs 2 and 5 were not detected in MM cell lines by WB.2. TLRs 2 and 5 were not detected in MM cells by WB but were detected in human intestine tissue lysate by WB. TLR5 was also detected in human PBMC by WB. 3. See publication for Flow (intracellular) results and additional details. 15. Toll-Like receptor 3 antagonists for the treatment of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases.Cunningham M, Y Feng K Heeringa, J Luo, R Rauchenberger, M Rutz, L San Mateo, R Sarisky, V Stojanovic-susulic, R Sweet, F Teng, A Teplyakov, L Wu, S Wu, E Lacy. US Patent, US 2013/0090457 A1 (2013). IMGENEX products cited: TLR3 (IMG-315A).16. Epidermal growth factor receptor is essential for Toll-like receptor 3 signaling. Yamashita M, S Chattopadhyay, V Fensteri, P Saikia, JL Wetzel, GC Sen. Sci Signal 5,ra50 DOI: 10.1126/scisignal.2002581 (2012). IMGENEX antibodies cited for WB and IP/WB (Figs 2-7, S3, S4):
1. TLR3 mAb, clone 40C1285.6 (IMG-315A)
2 TLR3 pAb (IMG-516)
1. Cell types used included HEK293 cells lentivirally expressing WT or mutants of human TLR3, TLR3 transfected HEK293 cells, human MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells, HT1080 human fibrosarcoma cells, TLR3-/- mouse embryo fibroblast cells. See publication for details.
2. The specificity of the TLR3 antibodies, IMG-315A and IMG-516, was validated in TLR3 overexpressing and TLR3-/- cells by WB & IP/WB (multiple figures, see publication for details). 3. The antibodies detected endogeneous and well as recombinantly expressed TLR3. The antibodies coIP'd EGFR and Src. See publication for details. 17. Expression of Toll-like receptor 3 is enhanced in active inflammatory bowel disease and mediates the excessive release of lipocalin 2. Ostvik AE, A van Beelen Granlund, SH Torp, A Flatberg, V Beisvag, HL Waldum, TH flo, T Espevik, JK Damas, AK Sandvik. Clin Exp Immunol doi:10.1111/cei.12136 (2013). IMGENEX antibody cited, TLR3 mAb, clone 40C1285.6 (IMG-315A): IHC (P): Fig 6, colon biopsies from normal, inflammatory, and active Crohn's disease bowel. TLR3 expression was upregulated in samples from inflammatory and Crohn's disease patients. 18. Toll-Like Receptor 3 (TLR3) plays a major role in the formation of rabies virus negri bodies.Ménager P, P Roux, F Mégret, J Bourgeois, AL Sourd, A Danckaert, M Lafage, C Préhaud and M Lafon. PLoS ONE Pathog 5(2): e1000315; doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1000315 (2009). IMGENEX products cited: TLR3 (IMG-315A).